My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, January 15, 2007

1/100 Destiny Gundam

This was the model that inspired my model collection, the 1/100 Destiny. I actually had the chance of getting this when it had originally been released but passed on it. When I went to Otakon 06, a pretty big Anime convention in my area, I searched everywhere for this but never found. After a couple of months of searching on Ebay I found it. I paid quite a little bit for it, more than what it had originally retailed for.

Way before the Bandai Action Base had been announced and I had already gotten the 1st issue release of the Destiny, I managed to find a seller that had the stand by itself on Ebay. Thats when I decided to start collecting models and I have been getting two of each since. One to build and one to collect. The stand that I got for the Destiny seems like a recast of the original stand. Although I don't know how they would pull off the clear plastic, it doesn't look like an original.

The differences that I have noticed are that the clear parts are darker on the second set are darker than on the original parts. The limited edition Destiny has a red stand while the other one has more of a pink color to it. The extra parts for the waist also don't seem to fit right. Finally the extra parts for the hip and the stand parts are packed in different packaging in the original release while the other one is all packaged together. If I knew that an Action Base was coming out then I would have definitely not picked up the extra stand but I still would have bought the limited edition Destiny and paid dearly for it :D Now that we have a MG Strike Freedom all we need is the MG Destiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home