My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, January 08, 2007

1/6 Kasumi Blue
I have always been a fan of the Dead or Alive series. Pretty much everybody is a fan of the Dead or Alive series because of one reason and thats the voluptuous ladies. Everyones favorite including DOA creator, Tomonobu Itagaki, is Kasumi. Today I bring you the most popular Kasumi figure out there. This one is similar to Ignis, almost everyone has one. Actually almost everyone has three of them because there are three color variations of this figure.

The one I got was the "player 1" blue version. I got it from a US retailer for about $45 and this was my first figure/statue that I had purchased. The white version (which I had no understanding of at the time, otherwise I would have that one) was never released here in the US. I could have gotten it from Ebay but lets say that would have been a bad idea. This figure was popular enough to catch botleggers attention. It's really risky buying this Kasumi figure from Ebay as you might get stuck with a fake one. The ways to determine if yours is a fake is her hair strand isn't split into two, and the strings on her sword are really short. The fake also have a bending problem were over time the figure starts tipping forward. This page might also help determine if you have a fake one or not.

Luckily mine is real and you can see from the hair strands and strings on her sword. The figure itself in my opinion is great and looks better than the recently released Bome line of Kasumis. My only complain is that she looks a little too animeish with a really pointy nose. Otherwise the voluptousness of the figure is something that you will admire and will drwa away from the animeish look. Although I am not certain of the availability of this figure now, you should check it out and get it if possible.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home