My Gundam Models and Anime

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fix Figuration #1001 RX-78-2 Ver. KA W/ G-Fighter Metal Composite

I am not a fan of Gundam figures since they are mass produced and you get better results from modeling. The Fix Figuration line has been usually set at 1/144 but fortunately Bandai has released a 1/100 Fix Figuration, the RX-78-2. I was excited to get this figure since it was my first Fix Figuration. The only thing is that this one clocked in at $125 plus shipping so it was definitely not cheap. It took me a while to decide on it since I also wanted Mp-05 Megatron.In the end I chose the Rx-78-2 and I am quite happy with the purchase.

This version of the RX-78-2 comes in Ver Ka designed by Hajime Katoki. Thats a good thing since this version of the RX-78-2 looks pretty good. The range of weapons that it comes with is amazing, aside from the G-Fighter (best inclusion IMO), it comes with 2 bazookas, beam rifle, beam sabers, 2 shields and it comes with 8 different pairs of hands. As far as contruction its very sturdy and the joints are pretty tight. Panel lines and decals are seen throughout the model and weapons just like in a MG model.

It is also a 1/100 scale Fix Figuration in case I hadn't mentioned that. One thing that I noticed is that parts just tend to fall off, for example the V fin, if you are posing your Gundam there is a 90% chance that it will fall off. The RX-78-2 Fix Figuration is also compatible with the action base 01 although you need to pose it just right since this is pretty heavy and throws the base off balance. It just doesn't feel like a cheap figure and thats a good thing since it wasn't.

Possability wise, the Fix Figuration Rx-78-2 is great, although it might not be as flexible as the MG kit it is still pretty good. You can achieve many poses and like I had mentioned before it is compatible with the action base. Overall the only thing holding the figure back is its hefty price tag. The metal composite Fix Figuration of the Psycho Gundam is due in Aug and its much cheaper so we will see how that one turns out since i'll be getting that one too. If you dont mind the price point then I would say go for it because its a great figure and its very detailed. Not a bad way to start a fix figuration collection eh.... ^_^

6 Comments:

  • Oh wow. The Styrofoam box this came in actually reminds me of those that contain game consoles. lol ^^

    Really looks nice even if I'm not a fan of older Gundams (due to the more squarish design I guess) but the shot with the launcher/cannon on his shoulder looks real sweet :) It's expensive, but it's probably worth it for people who like this Gundam.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 22, 2007 1:56:00 PM  

  • Lol its actually packed better than most consoles nowadays (i.e. XBOX 360). I didnt like UC suits before but as I watched all of the series I ended up loving the UC designs.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Friday, June 22, 2007 7:04:00 PM  

  • im so jealous..... dammm i want 1 . tho i don't collect FF but this model is awsome .. *droool* nice pick ups^^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:28:00 AM  

  • Lol. Just goes to show that Gundams are SERIOUS business filled with love to receive that kind of top notch packin ;)

    Since I've started on Gundams due to anime figurines, it's still going to be a while before I can accept the more angular designs I guess. Legs are very important for me, lol ^^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:14:00 PM  

  • lol, yea I know what you mean, they eventually grow on you. I started with Gundam Wing and I could not stand anything that didn't look like the wing zero, but then I became a fan of all UC suits. lol

    By Blogger Hugo, at Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:42:00 PM  

  • Nice explanation you got there. I am considering buying it (like yours, the one with G Fighter). Just loved how they manage to give two bazookas and extra beam saber.

    Right now I am building the MG RX78-2 version KA, and tried my best to give some GFF looks on it.

    By Blogger TAKARA, at Friday, January 16, 2009 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home