My Gundam Models and Anime

Friday, January 26, 2007

New Release - Gundam SEED Destiny Vol 6 Special Edition

So we are halfway through Gundam Seed Destiny in the US with Bandai's release of Gundam SEED Destiny volume 6 on DVD. I was excited with this release since Bandai was going to release it in both a regular and special edition. The regular is well, the regular with just the DVD in it. The special edition comes with a T-shirt and a box to hold the DVD and the shirt. The artwork for both the DVD and the box is outstanding. It follows an Athurun theme, with a pose of the Saviour on one side and a commanding pose of Athurun on the other.

What struck me as odd with this release was the choice of box that Bandai picked. I have tons of anime DVD boxes ranging from wood to metal but I had never seen one like this. When you look at the top of the box you can see that it is clearly divided in two sections. The thin section holds the DVD and the thicker one holds the T-shirt. At the bottom of the thick section, its marked with the word "pull". So you have to pull the T-shirt out in order to get the DVD out, its kind of a neat contraption but I am just worried about how long it will take before the whole thing falls apart.

My only complaint is that when you put the DVD back in the box, something is catching onto the cover of the DVD therefore messing some of your artwork up. I took the first one I got back to the store and got another and it has the same problem. Aside from that I am pretty pleased with what Bandai finally did for this release. Its the first time the Gundam line here in the US gets a special edition DVD.



2 Comments:

  • Athurun is like Char, all of Char's suits were red so all of Athurun's are pink-reddish. As far as Heinze.... well his purpose was to sell Gouf models. He was a good pilo but got killed in such a crappy way.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:47:00 AM  

  • I really like the artwork of this box, canĀ“t wait til I get one myself.

    BTW , check out my blog if you fell for it.Most of it is written in swedish , but some posts are in english

    By Blogger Von Z, at Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home