My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, September 03, 2007

1/8 Metamo Haruhi Suzumiya Bunny Ver

I have always wanted a Haruhi Suzumiya Bunny ver but the ones that I like are too expensive. Freeing's Haruhi is amazing but unfortunately this one is completely sold out. At Otakon 2007 I saw this Haruhi which is the Metamo version and as a matter of fact it was the only one I saw at the convention. There is also a Metamo version of Asuka Langley and both Asuka and Haruhi are by Bandai.

For those who don't know what Metamo figures are, they are figures that change color as the temperature in your room changes. Haruhi is all dressed up in her black bunny outfit and black stockings as long as the room temperature is below 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit). If the temperature gets lower that that the outfit starts changing to white and the stockings disappear.

Funny enough I know my room is under 30 degrees and she still stays white. The quickest way that I found to get her outfit completely black was to get a bucket full of ice water and dipping her in it. It worked out well and that how I got that leg stocking look. The only thing that disappoints about the 1/8 Haruhi Metamo is that because of the pose it is definitely a leaner. Its so much of a leaner that Bandai knows it and they even included a support bracket that attaches to the base. It looks ugly but it will prevent your Haruhi from kissing the floor.

Great figure overall and if you can find one now I suggest you pick it up, as seeing it change colors and looking like a completely different figure right before your eyes is pretty cool.

5 Comments:

  • Nice grab man, it really is a nice figure perhaps except for the unfortunate support stand. Doesn't stop me from loving the figure and having fun with it though.

    Due to the freaky summer we experienced over here with the hot and cold spells, she served as a pretty interesting thermometer ^^ Letting me know whether the house heated up or cooled down. Lol. Real fun stuff :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:07:00 AM  

  • Yea its really cool, after getting this one i really want the Asuka version.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:02:00 AM  

  • If I remember correctly, Asuka dress becomes clear as well instead of just white and that's something I find interesting. I like the pose on the Asuka metamo as well.

    I was so tempted to try and get the Asuka metamo as well after having lots of fun with Haruhi and heck I still am tempted to get her so I totally can relate to what you're going through :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:56:00 PM  

  • It becomes clear and you can see though it ^_^ Problem is that its hard to find now. I can only find it on Ebay and I don't like buying figures there because of the rampant availability of bootlegs.

    Im surprised that Bandai put out such a great figure. These metamo figures leave the Voice I-Doll DX way behind in terms of paint and detail. I wished that the Voice I-Dolls DX would be like this.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:54:00 PM  

  • Yeps, pretty much ebay is the only place I see Asuka mostly. Don't think there are bootlegs of the metamo as yet though I could be wrong.

    I thought the evangelion I-dolls looked decent though. They certainly seemed to me to look better than the Seed/Seed Destiny ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home