My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, August 13, 2007

  1. Voice I-Doll Superior - Meer Campbell

When it comes to Gundam Character figures the choices are very limited. We either have Gashapons, Voice I-Dolls, and RAH DX figures. Meer Campbell is one of my favorite Gundam SEED Destiny gals. Meer looks just like Lacus just that better proportioned. The are tons of regular Voice I-Dolls but those are plain with a simple pose and they are kind of small. Voice I-Dolls Superior actually have the figures striking a pose and so far the only other Voice I-Doll Superior that has been released is Lacus.

Voice I-Dolls Superior are pretty much figures that come with a base that speaks 10 phrases. 8 of the phrases are from the show and 2 are completelt new original phrases recorded by the original voice actor which in this case would be Rei Tanaka. The Meer campbell Voice I-Doll came in at about $27 from Hobby Link Japan. The price alone lets you know that it won't be top notch quality. The paint job is ok but the surface of the figure is not smooth and there alot of flaws that are noticeable. But for this price I really can't complain. It would have been nice however if they would have charged $45-$50 and have improved the quality. Click on the images forbigger pictures.

4 Comments:

  • I do so like the packaging of the I-doll Superiors though. Has a very nice look and feel to it :) Cheap figures with great packaging are such a killer sometimes compared with expensive ones that have cheap looking boxes :/

    Only have the Lacus I-doll Superior since I liked liked the phrases on that more and Meer's phrases just didn't have as much impact on me. I got sunk with the RAH DX Meer as well so this I-doll unfortunately wasn't an option for me even though the pose looked lots better than the RAH DX version. Would have grabbed this one instead if I didn't grab the RAH DX figure :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 13, 2007 11:23:00 PM  

  • I got the RAH DX Meer and what I dont like is that the face looks a bit odd. I have the one with the yellow outfit.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Monday, August 13, 2007 11:34:00 PM  

  • Ah. The one I have is in the concert gown. Wouldn't say the face is any better than the I-doll superior or the swimwear, but all things factored in, the I-doll should have been the way to go I guess. Just that maybe the base takes up slightly too much space for my liking ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:49:00 AM  

  • The base looks like a 1987 answering machine or one of those old intercom systems ^_^

    By Blogger Hugo, at Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home