My Gundam Models and Anime

Friday, July 20, 2007

Otakon 2007 - Officially Begins

Otakon 2007 officially kicked off today, the weather was great and cosplayers were in full effect. For some reason people decided to stand in line to get into the con. I thought it was stupid to stand in line and wait for the con to open at 9:00am. You really didn't have anything to rush to so I don't know what the big deal was.

There were many cosplayers this time around and I tried to take pics whenever I could, but I have 2 more days for the pics. The dealer room was packed with nice goodies for me to blow my cash on but I had to show some restrain otherwise you can easily spend every penny you have on you in that place. I attended some of the US DVD companies panels and overall I wasn't paying much attention. The only thing that I managed to grasp is that Funimation is releasing Witchblade on 9/25. Here are pics from Otakon 2007 Day 2.

Why the lines?? There was nothing really to rush into.

Lines were huge all over again. Last year, I avoided the lines by being late ^_^

...And this is how my cosplay pictorial begins... He actually had the most complete Sailor Moon outfit. What is the name of this Sailor Moon character again??

Kon stopped by to say hello

Later Chad stopped by for a pic with Kon

First thing in the morning they were showing SEED Destiny 1-4. Hey I'm a Gundam fan, I had to sit through those episodes. It reminded me that those first episodes were actually good.

DBZ cosplay

What is he doing here?

Many unknown characters to me with cool costumes were present

Here is another one that I don't recognize

...and another pair of ladies that I do not recognize

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY, mobile suit cosplay was this Deathscythe. It was not that well made...

...but it attracted the ladies...

HLJ was present and they brought this tiny truck to store all their stuff

This was one of the nicest cosplay costumes that I saw

The GREATEST hero of them all!!! Leader of the AEUG... I present you Quattro Vagi... ERRR... Bageena... ahh heck!!! CHAR!!!

This is my haul for today. I could have bought alot more stuff but I really had to control myself otherwise I would have gone crazy spending money.

MORE PICS TOMMORROW

3 Comments:

  • Oh wow, wish I had the chance to be there. Looks like a heckuva lotta fun ^^ Though I'd probably blow all my cash away on the first round. Heh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:14:00 AM  

  • Nice haul ^_^. It's a problem with this hobby, if you don't control yourself you can say bye bye to your money

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:47:00 PM  

  • The girl with the long yellow headband is Noriko Takaya from Gunbuster (the original). If you like old Gundam you should watch it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 17, 2007 4:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home