My Gundam Models and Anime

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Otakon 2007 - Day 1

So I just got back right now from my pre-registration pick-up for Otakon 2007. Nothing was going on today as far as the con went, it was just get your stuff and get out. Apparently 17,000 have pre-registered for Otakon 2007, and a large part or them were present today. Trust me the lines went around the building. Cosplayers were not in full effect today unlike last year. Hopefully tommorrow we get to see some cosplay. Here is how the story went.

So this is where it starts, this is the goal. We knew the line would be long the minute we saw this scene.

So the line went around the corner....

...and stretched as far as the eye could see...

...went around the corner AGAIN...

...and again, you can see where the 17,000 people came too...

...FINALLY! My spot! 2 minutes after I stood there about 50 more people lined up after me...
...once inside more lines, but at least we had air conditioning now...
...registration booths...
You could pick from any of these badges. I went with the Eureka Seven one, I also wanted to get the Witchblade one. Which one would you have picked?
Well after an hour and thirty minutes of waiting this is what I got. A magazine, the Otakon 2007 pocket guide and what do you know? The same artwork as the Witchblade badge ^_^
Close-up of the Witchblade artwork which I think is pretty nice

So now all I have to do is get up early and head to Otakon tommorrow. I'll post pics of anything thats out of the usual, and that probably alot with all the Otakus there ^_^.

5 Comments:

  • Nice! Looks like alotta fun! Will be looking forward to reading more about the going-ons. As for me, I woulda gone for the Rah Xephon badge probably. heh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:06:00 PM  

  • Really, my friend totally hated hated the Rah Xephon one. He said that they could have used better Rah Xephon artwork. I have never seen it so I can't comment personally. Im watching Eureka Seven right now so thats why it was my choice.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:15:00 PM  

  • Ah, Why I might have chosen RX could be due to the 2nd disc broke down when I was wanting more. lol. That was a nice choice you made anyway, it was prob an either this or that for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, July 19, 2007 11:30:00 PM  

  • Nice...... where was that being held by the way?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:51:00 PM  

  • Its in Baltimore, MD. About 35 minutes from where I live

    By Blogger Hugo, at Saturday, July 21, 2007 9:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home