My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, May 12, 2008

1/100 Gundam Exia

After a four month hiatus, I'm back.... Many things have happened in my life since the beginning of 2008. Things that have changed me as a person completely but I am back now. The Gunpla purchases have continued and the building has never ceased. I just have not had any time to take pics.

All this time I ave been working on my Exia, every single part of this kit has been painted and I did not use any stickers that came with the kit. I did use some of the stickers and dry transfers that came with my MG Wing Ver. Ka. The Exia looked a little plain so I decided to add some markings. The Celestial Being logo on the shield came from the March issue of Dengeki Hobby. I am quite happy with the way the kit turned out.

I am torn between what model I'm going to build next, I am deciding to with either the MG Destiny, MG Unicorn, MG F91, 1/144 Sword Calamity or just wait for the MG Impulse. For now enjoy the pics and give me some feedback. Also I apologize for the time stamps on some of the pics but I am using my father's camera and I realized it a bit late. Kinda lazy to take a whole new shoot ^_^.

11 Comments:

  • About time you got your crap together son

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, May 12, 2008 10:37:00 PM  

  • good job with the painting. i'm working on my 1/100 exia right now. too much backlog to complete. :-/

    By Blogger gordon, at Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:08:00 AM  

  • Hey, i'm pretty much newbie to modeling but I've been building gundams for years. So i've got plenty of questions if i could please trouble u with them.

    What kind of brand paints did you use??? Did u airbrush??? How did you fill in the panel lining? What brand primer did u use???

    Right now, there's no way i can afford an airbrush so i have to make do with these paint spray cans i saw at my local hobby store. Sadly i've never painted a gundam in my life. And i don't have a job yet to fund my hobby since i'm only 16.
    Well, thanks in advance!
    -Kevin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, May 16, 2008 12:05:00 AM  

  • I use Gunze Sangyo (GSI) Acrylic Hobby Color. I did airbrush the entire thing. The prime that I use is Mr. Surface 1200 also made by GSI. For the panel lines I use Sakura Micron .005 pens and also Gundam Marker GM-20 Brush Tip. I am about to start using Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph pens for the panel lines with my next kit.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Friday, May 16, 2008 10:00:00 AM  

  • That's one of the best 1/100 Exias I've seen so far ^^

    By Blogger Ngee Khiong, at Friday, May 16, 2008 10:19:00 AM  

  • thanks Ngee

    By Blogger Hugo, at Friday, May 16, 2008 10:38:00 AM  

  • It's so cool!! i like how you detailed the Exia.

    http://www.gundamscollection.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, May 30, 2008 11:43:00 AM  

  • Hey hugo , i myself and relatively new to gundam modelling . Built a couple of MGs so far. But , i've never got the panel lining right . The pens i use , they don't adhere properly. What should pens should i use eh ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:52:00 PM  

  • i really like this one..
    really really nice... :)

    By Blogger [PaaN1904], at Saturday, June 06, 2009 1:52:00 AM  

  • Hi, I am really really interested in buying a gunpla right now.. Haha I am 18 by the way, I recently finished watching Gundam 00 both of the season.
    But I am still a noob and know nothing about gunpla or whatsoever and I have been researching a bit. I am a bit tight on money right now but I really wanted to buy Exia, plz can u recommend to me whether to by between Hg or Mg (and which scale)
    My friend whom is an avid gundam fan (already own quite a few gunpla) advice me to buy Mg compared to Hg coz it is more worthwhile.
    So whats ur opinion and advice for me ?

    By Blogger zeropersona, at Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:29:00 PM  

  • Aw, thіs was an іncrediblу niсe
    post. Finding the tіme anԁ actual effort to pгoduce a very good artіcle… but what сan
    I say… I prοcrastinаte а lοt anԁ don't manage to get nearly anything done.

    Also visit my site :: reputation management

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, May 17, 2013 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home