My Gundam Models and Anime

Monday, October 23, 2006

New Arrival
Straight from Japan, I got in the mail today replacement parts for the MG F91, MG Freedom, MG Aile Strike, and MG RX-78-2 Ver 1.5. I got a replacement for the stand that came with the F91. The reason why i got it is because the creative minds at Bandai decided not to include a stand with the MG Crossbone Gundam. The funny thing is that F91 stand is compatible with the Crossbone Gundam. Why just not charge a couple more of dollars and include a darn stand!!!! Figure that one out, for the MG Strike, Freedom, and RX-78-2 all i got were decal sets. I am going to be painting those Gundams. I am going to have to take all the decals off when i paint, so i was going to need new ones. Ordering parts from Bandai is a breeze and it usually takes about two weeks for them to get your parts ready. Pricing is not that bad either, smaller parts are priced at 50 yen while bigger parts cost more. The base of the F91 stand was 200 yen and decal sets were 100 yen. Be careful though all these little parts can add up if you order too many you might as well buy another kit.

2 Comments:

  • hi there, came across ur blog from figure.fm. I am pretty curious about how u order these spare parts from Bandai. I need some parts myself for scratch building but can't seem to find link to order these parts. Would appreciate it if u would enlighten me on this one. I am quite envious of ur collection btw, wish i am so much money to burn... haha...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, January 08, 2007 3:01:00 AM  

  • you have a couple of options.

    http://www.hlj.com or

    htp://www.rainbowten.co.jp

    I have never oredered parts from HLJ but i do know that they sell them. Rainbowten is great but they have suspended their parts ordering since october. I'm waiting for them because I have a huge list of parts to order.

    By Blogger Hugo, at Monday, January 08, 2007 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home